Degree program(s) of study offered by Living University have been declared exempt from the requirements for licensure under provisions of North Carolina General Statutes Section (G.S.) 116-15(d) for exemption from licensure with respect to religious education. Exemption from licensure is not based upon any assessment of program quality under established licensing standards. Students seeking to transfer degrees or credits should consult with receiving institutions.

Generally state licensure deals with consumer protection and ensuring that institutions meet minimum standards of educational quality and have a formal complaint procedure in place. Refer to Student Complaints and Grievances set forth in the University General Catalog  for University complaint procedures and for more information. If a complaint cannot be resolved after exhausting the University’s complaint and grievance procedure, the individual may file a complaint with the office cited below. The individual can contact UNC Administration for further details.

Post-Secondary Education Complaints
c/o Assistant Director of Licensure and Workforce Studies
University of North Carolina General Administration
910 Raleigh Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 962-4558